Thứ Hai, 4 tháng 7, 2011

Colour idioms: Gold


1. As good as gold: When you talk about someone, usually children and pet, is very well-behaved we said it is as good as gold.


2. A heart of gold:  When someone is very kind and helpful people say he/she has a heart of gold


3. Worth its weight in gold: In English if something is extremely useful, we will say it's worth its weight in gold


For example: My family has a dog. He is very intelligent and well-behaved, he is really as good as gold. My mother takes care him, she goes for walk everyday with him. she is also kind and always ready to help other people. Everyone says she has a heart of gold. 


I have a clock, my mother gave to me on my birthday. It is very useful for me. I can know what time it is whenever I want. It also reminds me about managing your time. From my point of view, I think It is worth its weight in gold. 

3 nhận xét:

  1. I also had a dog name yeallow which is the same age with me. She is really as good as gold. Thanks to her, my house was always guarded.My father loved her a lot. But unfortunately, when I was 8, she was sick and died. My family and I were really sad, especially my younger brother. We 've never forget this loyal dog

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. @Trang inpin: I think you have moved to tumblr. Do you move back to blogger??? =)

    Trả lờiXóa
  3. :D I thinked all of people moved to tumblr, so I moved to tumblr. However, you still use blogger. This is the reason why I came back to blogger ^^. Now I use both of them

    Trả lờiXóa