Thứ Hai, 11 tháng 7, 2011

Transport idioms: Drive




1. In the driver's seat: In English if someone is in control the situation or in charge of something we can say they are in the driver's seat.


2. A backseat driver: if someone tries to take control the situation but they are not responsible for. They can be called a backseat driver


3. A Sunday driver: We call someone who drives in an annoying  slow speed a Sunday driver 


For example:  I think I'm always in the driver's seat in my studying and I like working as a team with other people, which will improve my knowledge and my skill. But I really really don't like working with people like a backseat driver who don't know anything about what has to do or how to do it, however they always tell other people should or shouldn't do.
                    
                      

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét